Join us in Barcelona!

I am soooooooo excited to announce that I was selected as one of 24 sketchers from around the world who will be teaching workshops at the Urban Sketching Symposium in Barcelona in July! Not only that, fellow Montreal Urban Sketcher Marc Taro Holmes will be teaching as well. My workshop is called “Triad Symphony: Evocative Watercolor Sketches using three primary colours” and I will be showing students colour combinations and theory that I use so often in my own work. A limited palette doesn’t mean limited colour! The lineup of workshops and instructors is truly amazing and my only regret is that because I will be teaching, I can’t attend as many sessions as I did last year.

Barcelona_Logo

I spent part of my time yesterday at the museum drawing the Greek and Roman sculptures with some graphite, water-soluble graphite and Inktense pencils. This part of the museum is so quiet, the rooms are dimly lit and I have to say that it was a pretty relaxing experience (especially compared to two weeks ago when I drew in the midst of hundreds of people viewing the Impressionist paintings).

Classical Statues

About these ads

44 Comments on “Join us in Barcelona!”

1. I am really happy for you! I follow your blog sketches and you can tell how much time and love you put into them. Congratulations! Don’t stop posting :)

2. Johanne says:

Congratulations Shari!

3. Julia Bolchakova says:

This is an amazing news, so happy for you, guys!

4. Suzanne says:

¡ Felicidades ! ;-)

5. Jane Hannah says:

Congratulations Shari! Your workshop will be fantastic, I am sure ;-)

6. Helena says:

Congratulations Shari! What great news for you.

7. mbcabral says:

I sure will try to be there!

8. rkb665 says:

You will love Barcelona! Even the bus stops are sketchable, ours was located by a Lichtenstein! ENJOY!!

9. Linda Daily says:

Congrats Shari!
    How lucky the participants who take your class.
    I won’t be making it to Barcelona,but hopefully someone from Portland will
    and tell the rest of us about it.!

10. Linda Daily says:

Shari,your question yesterday: I have tried the waterbrush but really despise it.
    You did a good job with it. I am so use to dipping and rinsing I just couldn’t take to it.
    However,it is so convenient in tight place I am attempted to give it another try.
    Thanks for sharing your palette!

11. Lenore says:

Way to go!

12. Mike Porter says:

Whoopee! Se bon! Congratulations. This makes me want to go to Barcelona!

13. Yvonne says:

Wish I could go! How about you and Marc get together and plan USK in Montreal next year? It would be great to have it in Canada!

14. monika says:

Fantastic! I soo want to go and attend both of your workshops!

15. Nathalie says:

Félicitations Shari! It will be amazing for you and for those attending your workshops.

16. John Wright says:

I guess this confirms Montreal as a centre of sketching excellence! Way to go, both you and Marc.

• Yes John! I am going to ask the city to change it’s slogan.
      Ville de Montreal: City of Sketching Excellence!
      Are you planning on coming to Barcelona? Hope so.
      You have the honourary job of stamp maker now.

• John Wright says:

Why go all the way to Barcelona, when I’m so close to Montreal?
        But seroiusly , yes, I’ve been discussing it with my family as part of a vacation. Otherwise, it’s a little tough to rationalize going all that way just for the Symposium. One way or the other, I’ll do the stamps!

• You have to come John! Make it a family holiday for sure. But this time don’t go via New Jersey!!

17. Micah says:

Fabulous news!

18. mirobolante says:

Je pense à ton workshop de Paris, inoubiable; qui aurait dit alors qu´une année après tu allais le faire à Barcelone, wowww !!! Il y aura overbooking je crains. Congratulations

• Marisa, j’ai pensé à toi quand j’ai eu les nouvelles. J’espère qu’on peut se voir. J’aimerais arriver au moins trois jours avant pour voir la ville. Will you be there in July? Are you planning on coming to the Symposium? I would love to see you.

19. mirobolante says:

Ce sera un plaisir de te voir à Barcelone. J´espère être là et assister au Symposium.

Bonne idée de venir 3 jours avant, j´imagine que tu devras faire le réperage pour ton workshop. Si je peux t´être utile n´hésites pas à me demander, tu peux compter sur moi.

I would love to see you too. Nous restons en contacte.
    Excuse le retard de cette réponse.