Red chard

At this time of year I start longing for something from the garden. Something that isn’t wrapped in plastic and that still has a little bit of dirt on it or perhaps a bug hidden in the leaves. Growing season in Montreal is still a long way off but the chard in the grocery store was close enough for me.

Chard

11 Comments on “Red chard”

1. I’ve noticed too this week that I have been craving more fruits and veggies. My body must know that spring is coming. (Plus a strange craving for Chinese…)

Love all those curlies and veins of the leaves.

2. Sue says:

very nice!

3. Monique says:

It’s beautiful!

4. Alison says:

Who’d have thought you could evoke the joy of summer with a bunch of Swiss chard? Love how you captured the character of the leaves. I have a bunch in the fridge and am inspired to sketch it. Lovely composition.

5. PhiipPhlop says:

I understand the longing for Gardens…My mom use to grow a big garden in our backyard. To bad my brother’s and I were the ones to weed it. But, a carrot with dirty rubbed off not in water–but with bare hands, will taste better then anything shoved through the purification process. A bit gross to think about sure…but maybe that’s a judgement laid without experience. Haha!

6. Micah says:

Beautiful color!

Beautiful, Shari, you nailed it! We don’t grow chard until November. But we have tomatoes well on their way with teensy little baby fruits we hope to munching soon.