Three houses on Lakeshore

I pass these houses all the time but when you are driving by you never see the details. Fortunately it’s warm enough to be outside now and there is a small green space on the waterfront with lots of shade to set up my easel. Just as I was finishing my painting the woman who lives in the house came ambling up the walk and spent a bit of time examining something on the porch but by then my darks were painted and it was too late to add her in. ┬áPainted on Arches 300 lb cold-pressed paper, 15″ x 11″.

ThreeHousesonLakeshore

About these ads

14 Comments on “Three houses on Lakeshore”

1. Vicky Porter says:

Shari, I’ve enjoyed seeing your paintings of Montreal so much that it’s now on my long list of places to visit some time. The Chamber of Commerce should be supporting you!
    Love all the greens in this one and those wonderful shadows.

2. Linda Daily says:

This is so lovely surely the owner would want to buy it?
    Wonderful variety of greens!

3. Monique says:

I love trying to paint homes..
    You can:)

4. Mary says:

Shari, i continue to enjoy your daily sketches and blogs immensely and wanted to say
    especially that your work just keeps getting better and better :) There is no doubt
    all that practice is making perfect ! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your
    wonderful talent, tips and ideas to so many hundreds of fans.

5. Angie Macleod says:

I am totally impressed, this is stunning, can’t wait to start our course on Sunday! Super excited now!

6. That tree in front gives the whole sketch a powerful sense of depth; very nicely done!

I simply want to live in THAT house.