Dinghies

They seem to be well-coordinated, these little dinghies in the Rockport Harbour. One of every colour, just waiting to be painted. I thought this would be an easy task because the water was fairly calm but every time I looked up from my sketchbook they would all have moved — ever so slowly, ever so silently — so that by the time I got around to putting in the colour I had to do all the shadows from memory.

Rockport_LittleBoats

About these ads

13 Comments on “Dinghies”

Nevertheless, you caught them wonderfully.

2. charles says:

Shari, tu travailles toujours principalement avec peu de couleurs? Ces barques sont-elles un bel exemple de la gamme de couleurs qu’on peut obtenir avec quelques primaires?

• Non Charles, j’ai pris toute la palette pour ceci. Le rouge vif et l’orange pur sont deux couleurs qui sont difficiles à mélanger avec un palette limité. Ca fait plutot des demi-tons.

3. Jean-Jacques says:

Je me demande: ce sont des ombres ou des reflets?

4. Monique says:

Regardless..lovely!

5. Claudette says:

I very much like the collection of boats and how they are positioned, not to mention the colors you used. What I very much found exciting was the way you left the edge work around the boats to make them pop. Vous avez bien fait, je me suis inspiré ….

6. Shelley Baker says:

Awesome!

7. croquedessin says:

Super, j’adore ! Très belles couleurs tout en harmonie et la composition est intéressante.

8. Nice! I like some boats are color and some are not and also their color.