Vall Sant Daniel

I was fortunate enough to have this panoramic view of the Girona Cathedral and the Sant Daniel valley from the terrace of a loft I was staying in during my time in Girona. I sketched it several times but never was able to capture the drama that took my breath away every time I looked out. During my stay there the light stone of the cathedral and Sant Feliu tower were often set against a dark backdrop of an approaching storm and an indigo sky, and in the distance — the Pyrenees.

ValSantDaniel

About these ads

17 Comments on “Vall Sant Daniel”

1. Mary says:

You sure have captured a breathtaking, beautiful panorama Shari :)
    Tour trip is a travelogue for us and now i know why there were so many
    inspired Spanish artists over the centuries!

• Thanks Mary! I was only in a tiny corner of Spain but there is so much more to explore.I could have stayed for at least a monthin Girona, and a month exploring the Costa Brava.

2. Nathalie says:

Superbe Shari! Thanks so much for taking us along during this Spanish vacation.

3. berita67 says:

taking us along during this Spanish vacation.

4. Wow! I love this sketch! I hope you had a great time in Catalonia :) your drawings tell so.

5. helmut langeder says:

another spectacular series. looks like you’re having fun.

6. Claudette Panico says:

You captured a stunning view of this little hilltop village. Love everything about it. Thanks for all you posts and descriptions of your travels in Spain. I have truly enjoyed them!

7. You are my hero. When I think of green, I see green, then you show me a range of green that makes me rethink and grow green with envy!

8. Nick Lape says:

I’ve been following your posts for several weeks now and have to say they are just amazing. I make it a point each day to take a peek at your daily art posting and I am never disappointed. I love your style and your productivity. Thanks!