Turmeric and stuff

Surprisingly, painting with a cast on my arm is easier than eating with a cast on my arm. I can loosely hold a pencil or a brush, but bending my arm to get a fork or spoon to my mouth is near impossible. That means that I am eating with my left hand and painting with my right, but not at the same time.

Typing  is proving to be a little more problematic than I am used to as well. Just a bit slower and difficult with the right hand because of the angle my  arm must twist into to get to the flat keyboard. That means that I haven’t yet responded to all the wonderful comments and good wishes that came my way yesterday, both on the blog and to my personal email. I will get to them post-haste. They are much appreciated.

Turmeric

About these ads

37 Comments on “Turmeric and stuff”

1. I’m considering a cast if my paintings will look like this! NOT! But you are amazing.

Very sorry to hear of your fall Sheri. Speedy recovery. I think this weather is getting to all of us.

Christine

• Hi Christine,

I think this is a very brutal start to our winter. Lots of snow, extreme cold and now freezing rain. There seems to be no break in the torture. I hope all is well with you and I hope you have a happy and healthy 2014!

2. Beverley Rankin says:

I hope you heal quickly! Walking today is really treacherous, so hopefully you don’t have to go anywhere. Your emails are still a wonderful moment in my day. Thanks and Happy New Year!
    Bev

• Thanks and happy new year to you too! Yes, walking is really horrible today but I got smart and now I have spikes on my boots which I probably should have worn in the woods the other day.

3. Andrea Rule says:

I had hand surgery in October, Shari, so I still remember the angle of my arm when I typed on the computer. Hang in there, girl. You are healing and will get better. Painting definitely is therapeutic…………..computer not so much…………. Namaste and happy New Year Andrea Rule I love your blog………..and I like that you had turmeric in your picture………….

• Thanks for the words of encouragement Andrea. I’m glad to hear that it’s not just me who has trouble with the keyboard. Forget touch typing with my right hand! I am so glad I can still paint. I would be lost without that.

4. Maike Bohlen says:

Whatever… this is a gorgeous sketch! (Cerulean blue i suppose?) Better luck next time!

5. Mary says:

Your painting if just as beautiful as ever Shari :) Love your rich, warm earth colours and the
    spice jars are organic and alive. You’ve adapted quickly to your cast, at least with art!

6. sefeniak says:

You are amazing! :)

7. Liliane Partikian says:

Get well soon …..so glad to see that your painting is still as great as always

8. CS Haas says:

Do get better!
    We’ll still be here to watch your work once you are healthy!

9. Don McNulty says:

Take care Shari, you are allowed time off you know, sending you healing thoughts.

10. Nathalie says:

Such a bummer. Glad to read that you may continue to paint even if more loosely :-) and I hope you will become fluent with your left hand for eating. Prompts rétablissements et bonne année.

11. Linda Daily says:

I think most of your fans would be happy to paint so beautifully with a cast!
    I hope you continue to improve and know you do not need to reply to all your
    comments. Just your paintings are enough and more than expected given your
    wrist!

12. Fabulous painting! The light coming through those jars is glorious. I can see the cast hasn’t impeded your painting skill, but good luck with managing all those other tasks!

13. raenassketchbook says:

I think you’ve just ‘proved’ the whole ‘it’s a brain thing’ and not a hand thing. Excellent!

14. isa says:

Je vous admire chaque jour même si je ne laisse que rarement un message. Bon courage ( et patience ) pour reconsolider ce poignet !

15. Negar says:

I recently found your blog and you are AMAZING! I have never seen anyone who can capture the atmosphere of a scene so beautifully.

This study is so nice and I have already snipped it to put in a folder I keep of stuff that I can learn from. Also: I am keeping good thoughts for you and sending them your way one at a time. I just sent one….did it get there yet?

17. croquedessin says:

Fantastic ! I like the transparency of the bottles.

• Painting transparency requires lots of looking… more that I do usually but I love painting glass and trying to capture just enough to make it look like glass without being overly realistic.

18. dezabaleta says: