Full price

You might think that after Valentine’s Day the bouquets would be marked down, a bit like the cards and wrapping paper on December 26th. That’s what I was hoping, anyway, when I went in to the store to buy some flowers to sketch. I was sorry to see that the prices were the same even though they still had little tacky red ornaments and hearts stuck in them. I found this sad, neglected bouquet apart from the rest, and it was clearly not for Valentine’s day. Bingo!

PurpleBouquet

About these ads

22 Comments on “Full price”

1. Dee says:

Being in rehab from pneumonia, a stint, and congestive heart failure, the only subject matter I have is flower bouquets…so it is fun to compare right now! Yours are prettier, but, I’m having fun keeping myself from self pity!

2. marctaro says:

You should paint a box of chocolates. Definitely on half price!

3. Jane Hannah says:

You are definitely starting to be the Queen of flowers — they are gorgeous — even though if too expensive, they were worth it for this painting -)))

4. How kind of you to give that poor little bouquet a home :) Lovely picture!

5. Mary says:

You certainly brought this sad, neglected bouquet of flowers to life with its gorgeous wine
    colours Shari :)

6. Lynn says:

It’s snowing here on Long Island, again, so your beautiful painting turns out to be a lovely Valentine’s gift for me! Thank you.

That is sad… you had to buy your own flowers for Valentine’s Day : )

8. Susan says:

Gorgeous! Myself, I’m going to hit Laura Secord this week.