Tree peony

At some point I may tire of writing about how much use I am getting out of my new hand•book travelogue watercolour sketchbooks but bear with me for a short time while I continue to extol the virtues of these journals.

TreePeony

I love the format. I can fill a page with notes, experiments and doodles a bit like the spread below. There’s room for dates and colour swatches, or just simple studies like the tree peony. And it’s a really nice book to hold if you are drawing while standing.

I love the paper. The quality is good enough to paint on both sides even if it is 95 lb.

I love the texture. Not too rough, not too smooth. Just right…

TreePeonyPage

19 Comments on “Tree peony”

1. Monique says:

What a gorgeoius journal..Your peonies are ahead of me..my daughters are all in bloom and she is right across the street!
    Some of mine are blooming.. but the single petaled ones..

2. paula seixas says:

Can you tell me what journal are these? curious

3. sefeniak says:

Beautiful! Some day I will have to take up journaling but not yet.

4. Verla says:

When someone like you, whose posts we follow, is excited about a sketchbook, then I want one too. Please feel free to enjoying them “out loud.”

• Thanks for letting me know Verla. I have heard about many people who don’t like these including the person who sent these to me as a gift but I am still appreciating them.

The books seem well-suited to your manner of painting.

6. gretchen says:

So happy you continue to love the sketchbooks; these pages are beautiful!

7. jane says:

Hi Shari,
    just bought a hand-book watercolour sketchbook to try it out! Yeah!

8. jane says:

Oooh! And forgot to tell you that I love your flower 😉

9. Mrs. P says:

I love how you are using the journal…quite interesting,,,almost a reflection of your continuation of the learning process.