Alison Paige

I haven’t spent a full day sketching and painting in a really long time and after two fairly complex sketches and this painting I can barely type the letters on my phone. Suffice to say that Gloucester is my kind of town. One of America’s oldest seaports – with industrial buildings, a very busy harbour, and steeped in the history of America’s maritime painters – it is a place that could keep me sketching for a full year.

Gloucester_AlisonPaige

27 Comments on “Alison Paige”

1. Mrs. P says:

Beautiful!

2. Linda Daily says:

Shari,
    You must have been channeling Sargent again! Wonderful!

Lots of really good things that I could say about this one including how well the subject sits in the portrait format and the captured feeling of looking down into the scene… that was after I got past your terrible phone photography… can’t you find a scanner somewhere? : )
    And what has the title “Alison Paige” got to do with this painting? I had never heard of her, so I searched on the web and found she is the author of “wicked sexy romances”!!! So, is there a connection?

• Alison Paige is the name of the boat!
      No scanner with me on this holiday. I’ll have lots to scan when I get back including all the ones I haven’t even posted. You’ll have to endure the blurry photos until I return.

• Ross says:

Oh, the name of the boat! …that may have been more obvious if the photo wasn’t so blurry. And, no worries, I can “endure” the reproductions… I will just keep reminding myself that you aren’t painting on grey paper and that I don’t need to adjust my monitor or clean my glasses.

4. Carole Parks says:

Lovely. I so enjoy all of your postings!
    Carole Parks

5. John Wright says:

Outstanding Shari. Is this a larger sheet?

6. Jane Hannah says:

Glorious painting Shari — Gloucester likes you 😉

7. monique says:

I hope you display these at your home:-)
    Wow.

8. sefeniak says:

Its obvious Gloucester inspires you! Love it!

9. bonooobong says:

Breathtaking work! I really like how you’ve captured the reflection of the water. Brilliant!

10. Marian Colman says:

I discovered your work through urban sketchers and it is so inspiring! If you’re in Gloucester, go find Good Harbor Beach, lots of wonderful painting opps there. I’m from Cape Cod but the North shore is beautiful too.

11. Anna Conway says:

Beautiful! I like this!!!

12. gretchen says:

And check out Annisquam too … it’s located on the northern fringe of Gloucester and such a lovely spot for insipration. I am SO enjoying these sketches and can’t wait to see what you post when you return home!

• We went to Annisquam today. What a beautiful spot. I didn’t paint there because all the parking seems reserved for residents but I did eat lunch overlooking the harbour. Thanks for the tip!

13. Linda says:

Shari, This painting is beautiful. Love the way you paint trees.
    Looks like you had such a wonderful day,
    Linda