Winter street

It’s a gift that the snow has come early this year because I don’t have to search for what the white shapes will be in my sketches. The weatherman promised some breaks of sun today (those radar maps never seems to be accurate!) and I was hoping for shadows in the snow but the sky was overcast, making for a very flat scene. Despite that I was happy to be out in my car sketching the day. I have painted this street in Ste. Anne de Bellevue many times. I’m always attracted to the little sliver of river at the end of the road and, although I didn’t capture it convincingly, an oh so tiny reflection of the houses on the other side.

WinterStreet

12 Comments on “Winter street”

1. Beverley Rankin says:

That’s very lovely!

2. 3bones says:

I just began following you the other day, Shari, and have to tell you how impressed I am with your talents. If only I could be as artistic as you …. thank you for sharing ….

3. Colleen says:

Love your posts! It’s a daily gift in our in box. Thank you!

Your well-made and lovely paintings and drawings remind me how much I miss living up north. I do not miss so much the drastic change of seasons. But I miss the architecture and the feeling when I look at a street that a place has some history. In my part of Florida we have a bit of that and much more than South Florida, which was settled last. But if someone were to tell me that this is a painting of the little town we lived in up in New York state, I would believe it. Thank you, Shari.

• I know how you feel Lee. I love that small town feeling and having seen parts of Florida I can understand what you mean about lack of history. One place I have read about in Florida but never visited was Arcadia. That sounded interesting and a bit run down. I also enjoyed visiting Tarpon Springs. A little bit of Greece on the Gulf side.

5. Monique says:

Spot on..I feel like I am there..

6. Johanne says:

Oh! je viens de découvrir votre beau talent et votre blogue grâce à Pinterest! Le Carré St-Louis, le Centennial Hall, les rues de Ste-Anne de Bellevue … des endroits que je connais!