Fading light

To celebrate the last day of classes (!) I found a bit of time to do some car sketching today. I know my students probably find more fun ways to mark the occasion but this was my reward. With yesterday’s fresh snow and only a bit of daylight left, I drove not too far and parked to catch the fading shadows. At just the right time a couple walked by with a baby carriage and a Great Dane. I couldn’t capture them fast enough so I added in the man and a smaller dog because it was beyond me to paint a Great Dane from memory.

FadingLight

11 Comments on “Fading light”

1. Kathie says:

I just love your style.

I like the flat-plane approach to this one. Although, I can’t figure out why you were so concerned with the breed of dog, when you just painted the dog as a dark blob… could have easily been a man walking his pet sheep. Anyway, the whole thing works really well. Nice to see all the snow again.

3. andre savard says:

You are not the only who can’t draw a great dane from memory, specialy me. I love your daily
    posting, it allways makes my day and give me the urge to paint somehting.
    Thanks.

4. Alison says:

You never cease to amaze me. How you manage to take such a simple scene and create a dynamic composition rendered in s harmonious palette evoking the essence of a late afternoon in December. Simply wonderful!

I learns so much from your daily offerings. Thanks again and again.

6. dezabaleta says: