Mile high panorama

It’s much too nice in Denver. Bright blue skies, trees leafing out, tulips in bloom, people eating at outdoor cafes and wearing shorts. That means it’s sketching outdoors weather. Except I’ve forgotten the accessories required for that, including bulldog clips for holding pages down in the wind. And a hat. It will take a bit of time to adjust to being outside. But all of that is really unimportant when you have a view of the big Colorado sky above the white-capped mountains.  (Excuse the poor iPhone shot please.)

14 Comments on “Mile high panorama”

1. munchmeister says:

Our Colorado weather has been marvelous this spring. Glad you are enjoying it.

2. Try to come to San Diego….you may never leave

3. TonyU says:

Lovely to see those bright sky blues in your work again …. hopefully it won’t be too long before you can use them nearer home.

That’s a long way to go to do some outdoor sketching… aren’t you a bit far from home?

5. Charles says:

Clips are the thing I always (almost) forget when I go sketching, so I hear you!

6. Chris Rusk says:

Reminds me of trip to Albuquerque last year at this time. Love your sky and all of the colour.

Sent from my iPhone

7. Joan says:

If you’re going to New Mexico, forget Albuquerque and head for Santa Fe & Taos! There is a quality of light there like no other place on earth! You’ll understand why Georgia O’Keefe chose to live there. It’s breathtaking.

8. Tom Jump says:

Hi Shari,
    If you are still around Denver I’d like to say ‘hi’ if you have any time and you are not too far from the center of town. Always enjoy your work and would be fun to meet you! ~Tom