Wind down

My teaching semester is winding down. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. Some free time in sight. Two more classes to teach, a few meetings, a pile of projects to grade and then…hopefully some days to paint and draw in the next few weeks before classes start up again in January. Alice, on the other hand, has a much lighter workload, and she agreed to pose for me today.

Nap

16 Comments on “Wind down”

1. Monique says:

Ah.. what a life Alice has..
    🙂
    I watched 2 segments of our new class and love it..oh to have your penmanship in art..
    dod you know how difficult it is to find a fineliner now?

Hachem..not one non permanent black writer..that’s all we used to have almost:) Walmart too..yes I tried there also..I have one that bleeds a bit from DeSerres..
    I did a thumbnail of my neighbor’s home..:) Sitting in my house..I look forward to the whole series..your Union Station and the MB home..wow.

2. Irene Miller says:

This is so beautiful!!! She knows how to anticipate Christmas . We can learn from her!

3. Susan says:

I always read your postings with interest, but when I saw the name “Alice” I smiled. I always love it when you draw Alice.

4. Jean A Paterson says:

This is a lovely sketch with lots of heart in it!

5. great sketch, Shari! good girl, Alice xo

6. What a lovely sketch of Alice – such a beautiful perspective! I hope you enjoy your down time Shari.

7. Beautiful sketch, Shari!! Alice is adorable and has quite the envious lifestyle! 😉Hehe

8. Andy says:

Beautiful and touching

9. Wow, what a beautiful, heartfelt sense from that sketch. Have wonderful holidays and new year, Shari.

10. joantav says:

She looks so comfortable and content! Glad you will be having a bit more time to do your artwork once your classes are over.