Location, location

I knew where I wanted to paint today couldn’t really find a good spot to park. In one direction I was facing into the sun, and the other side of the street had no parking spots. Since I was out there with my sketch stuff and didn’t want to waste a perfectly good outing, I drew what was out my side window. Kind of an odd view with a bit of building and a lot of white but who can resist a fire hydrant in the snow?

Hydrant

26 Comments on “Location, location”

1. Who can waste a fire hydrant anywhere?? And a yellow sign… 🙂 I like this alot!

2. Alan Wells - Charlote, NC says:

Sheri, somehow you can take the mundane and produce a great painting. Thanks for your inspiration.

3. Oh and great shadows, too. Love it! Thanks for sharing

4. Sharon chapman. m says:

I love it and so do
    My two dogs. 🙂

5. Peggy Bjarno says:

I’m so glad you were prevented from sketching what you originally wanted to. They couldn’t match the strong graphic quality of what you were able to get out that side window! Bravo, love it!!

6. This is gorgeous Shari! Love the pop of red and the lovely shadows in the snow.

7. sandidureice says:

Love the textures. And the fire hydrant too. Is the tall yellow sign there so the fire hydrant is locatable in case it gets covered in snow?

8. slowlane says:

Great textures, everywhere.

9. Monique says:

I love what Sheryl said:)
    I’s amazing what those pops of color do.You always make me want to paint!

10. Janet says:

Love the beautiful composition. You always inspire me to do better!! Living in AZ now, but growing up in Chicago, your paintings always make me long for a (few) snowy days!

11. joantav says:

It may not have been the view you wanted, but it was a great one! Love it!

Well, it looks as if no dogs have found your hydrant. So, no yellow snow!

13. anne farmer says:

The hydrant – like one of JMWTurner’s ‘little red soldiers’!