My broken rake

The leaves from my oak tree are always the last ones to fall and the hardest to pick up. They have the texture of leather so they are impossible to mulch. And my broken rake doesn’t make this chore any easier.

Rake

About these ads

16 Comments on “My broken rake”

1. Johanne says:

I think you need a new rake Shari…

2. Mary says:

I love this Shari, another little gem :)
    Speaks volumes artistically and metaphorically!

3. rene fijten says:

Superb. You would have gotten rid of the leaves if you would had collected leaves instead of painting it…. But then we would not have seen this fine drawing.

• Thanks so much René. I actually raked for an hour first and then decided to leave one pile on the ground to sketch. So I did two tasks in one. Now I have to go out there and pickup that last pile.

4. Lynn Put says:

This is wonderful! You have such a great way of expressing light in your paintings. Some painters feel the need to fill their paper or canvas with paint, for me I love some light and negative space like in your paintings. It gives movement. Love the paint spatters on this one too.

5. Alison says:

How beautiful! The familiar and mundane once again elevated to captivating art by your skillful eye and hand and unique talent.

6. helmut langeder says:

Simplicity and perfection. Not a leaf out of place. Perfect color choice. You’re a master of making something out of nothing. Congratulations.

7. Ross C says:

Don’t throw the old things away… whether they are rakes, bags, typewriters or rusty skates… because they make such interesting subjects.
    What I really like about this one is your combination of colours… it is so unusual but they sit together so well… the warm and cool browns, the blue on the rake and the touches of green. You know, when you get bored with watercolouring, you could always move into interior design or colour consulting… although you would probably need more black in your wardrobe.

8. Sarah says: