The city

In Montreal we’ve had such a miserable, rainy June but the sun finally came out today just in time for the monthly outing of our Urban Sketchers group. We have been trying, without much luck, to get to the mountain to sketch the tamtam on a Sunday and it was finally nice enough outside to plan an outing there. The drummers don’t appear much before noon so in the morning I did a little Barcelona practice sketch with my limited palette of Ultramarine, Alizarin and Aureolin. In the afternoon Marc gave the group some great exercises and tips on drawing people in motion as a practice for his workshop in Barcelona. You’ll notice that I didn’t post my people drawings because I am really RUSTY. Need to get out and do a bit of that this week but this was a great start and it got me very excited for the Symposium.

TheCity

About these ads

16 Comments on “The city”

1. Monique says:

My friend walks on the mountain almost every day.. she is away at the moment but I will send her the link to this..
    It’s beautiful Shari..
    On two pages..LOVE..
    I wanted her to join one of your groups..she’s a marvelous artist~
    PS all our gardens got a system restore today after this frightfully wet week!

• Thanks so much Monique. Yes, send this to her. If she walks on the mountain she’ll know where this is. And tell her to look at our USk Montreal site for the Sunday Sketching outings. There is a link on my sidebar.

2. RENE MANNING. says:

Lovely sketch, congratulations!

3. Jay Vance says:

Beautiful sketch! Is the limited palette you mention your standard palette?

4. Sue says:

Wow! This is really wonderful. Good luck on the people this week.

5. Monika says:

Beautiful, I can’t wait for the workshop!

6. Kathleen says:

Absolutely wonderful! Was this whole sketch really done with 3 colours? The range of colours you’ve mixed and the amount of detail on a relatively small surface with such a grand result are a testament to your skill! I do hope to join you all on one of your sketching days. Kids tend to derail my plans, God love ‘em!

• Thanks Kathleen. This is not such a small surface. It’s a two-page spread in an 8 x 10 book. But it is just three colours. And I hope you can ditch those kids for a day and join us : )

7. Isa says:

Très jolie dessin et belle atmosphère ! Bravo :)