I’m lovin’ it

Part two of trying out the hand•book watercolour journal is testing it out with pencil and really juicy washes. You can tell I used lots of water because of the backruns but the paper is performing really well. And I love the bigger format. With this new size I have a chance to draw a little frame around my sketches and not have to paint to the edge of the paper like in the 8.5″ x 5.5″ size. These books are definitely going with me to Barcelona!

PotsonStairs

20 Comments on “I’m lovin’ it”

1. Paula Seixas says:

Happy Birthday to you!!!! all the best!!!! What journals are these, Shari?

Sent from my iPad

2. Linda says:

I must have missed the info on what size and ‘brand’ these journals are. Please let me know.

3. Monique says:

Yes I am curious too!

4. sue says:

Very nice! I love the frame too!

5. Monique says:

I do have one..half finished..and cannot wait to order another when in the USA..mine came with a brush..a beautiful brush..
    I love those art journals. Nevr saw the large ones..

Coveting..even for my humble beginnings.

I like the pencil and wash. And I also like the frame which you then break through in a few places… that was one of my favourite techniques for architectural perspectives.

7. gretchen says:

I am SO happy to know that the journals are working for you ( and thrilled that they are making the journey to Barcelona with you ); they were defintely meant to be yours- so glad I could be the conduit by which they found their way to you. Enjoy!

8. Mary says:

I think the large size paper in your new journal has really allowed you to further explore
    your compositions Shari and i love the way your foliage has grown beyond your created
    frame.
    Hope you enjoyed a very special Birthday 🙂 of which you are so deserving!
    I’m so glad you and my youngest grandchild, Sophia, celebrate the same birthday.
    She turned 1 year today, June 9th! All the best to you both for a wonderful year of
    good health and happiness 🙂

• Thanks so much Mary! I did have a wonderful birthday but it is actually on June 8th. I did have a wonderful day, in fact it was a wonderful weekend, with lots of birthday celebrations.

9. Terry says:

Hi Shari…This is another favorite of mine…the rich dark’s really make the plants pop! Like others I love the way you went beyond the borders.It gives the sketch a third dimension.! The drawing and border appear to be in blue.pencil…was that so or is it the way it reproduces?
    Happy Birthday,Terry

10. redharparts says:

Thanks for posting the link to the watercolor journal book. I’d thought you meant this one http://globalartmaterials.com/travelogue.html and I do not like the paper. It’s a relief that you meant a different one.

I don’t comment but I do read your blog every day, enjoy it and love your paintings!
    –Kate B.

• Nice to hear from you Kate. I use that other book too and like it very much although the paper is more absorbent and smoother. My sketches from Kamouraska and even before have all been on that paper.