Flip flop days

There is  the slightest tinge of yellow in the trees this week, as well as a stillness in the air. One look around and you know it’s not midsummer. It’s also the time of year when one day can be 30° and the next 15° but if that means I can still be outside I’m a happy painter.

FarmField

22 Comments on “Flip flop days”

1. sefeniak says:

So calm and relaxing. The lovely fall weather is great for artists.

It is good to see the happy painter at work. Winter officially finished here at the end of August and it was like someone flicked a big switch… now it is shorts and sandals, temperatures in the 30’s yesterday and not a jacket in sight. So sad!

Forgot the checkbox again!

4. Helen says:

Hi Shari – I am so glad I somehow came upon your blog. Don’t even recall how now – but I absolutely LOVE your work. The only thing I am unhappy about is that you are so far from Oregon and I missed you when you visited here. You are an amazing artist. Remarkable to see how you look upon a scene and it dances upon a piece of paper. Such a gift!!! Thank you for sharing ……….

5. Graham says:

Hi Shari ,
    Great painting … what size is the original painting .

Greetings from Hong Kong

Graham

• Hi Graham,
      I hope all is well in Hong Kong and that you are getting out to sketch.
      This painting is 9″ x 7″, done in a really nice little Arches 140 lb. sketchbook that I was given last week when I was a guest speaker at an artist’s group. I really like this textured paper, more than Arches sheets, for some reason.

6. Wayne Bissky says:

I rmeally love the energy and simplicity of this sketch Shari. Those background trees are so great with the subtle smudging. And are those birds or leaves on the left? I don’t know…

7. lilotte says:

My daughter is in Montreal till end december, and each time I read your posts I think of her. I love your work.

8. I thought those were leaves flying off of the trees also; we’re still at green trees here in DC, but the leaves are coming down and our heat index was at 100 degrees yesterday. Looking forward to seeing some fall colors coming out of those brushes of yours!

So beautifully composed.

10. Linda says:

Shari, Love the way you do watercolor folige. Would love to take a classes from you but do not have the means and your so far away, but your blog is a blessing to me your work is wonderful.
    Linda