Happiness panorama

I’ve been saving this panoramic sketchbook that I received in Barcelona for something special but I wasn’t sure what. Turns out it was perfect to represent the organized chaos of dim sum. Carts going by piled with bamboo steamer baskets, waitresses yelling out the names of the dishes, and plates of dumplings coming and going on the table. I think the restaurant was more than patient with our group of over 20 sketchers —we definitely sketched more than we ate, and we monopolized three big tables — and it was only when the room was jam-packed and the lineup at the door got ridiculously long that they asked us to move on. If they’ll have us back I think this will be an annual event for the group!

HappinessPanorama

HappinessPanorama4

HappinessPanorama2

HappinessPanorama3

HappinessPanorama5

18 Comments on “Happiness panorama”

1. Monique says:

How absolutely wonderful!

2. yousra ahmed nagaty says:

gorgeous 😉 …………!!!

3. croquedessin says:

Awesome !

4. Jean Canavan says:

What a great place to sketch!

5. Delightful, and with fortune cookies at the end too 🙂

6. Linda Daily says:

Shari,you did a great job! I like the use of the accordion journal for this subject.
    I may try that on my next visit to SF Chinatown!

7. Vicky Porter says:

I can’t believe how much you got done during the meal. Everything looks fresh and delicious.

I love that sketchbook from Barcelona. I filled mine and enjoyed every minute of it.

8. The panoramic sketchbook looks fabulous – I bought one a couple of years ago and am still waiting for that perfect bit of subject matter to present itself! Yours is delightful, and just right for a banquet.