Invitation to an exhibition

It’s always an honour to be in a group exhibition with the Lakeshore Association of Artists. I hope you can join me this weekend for our spring show with works by over 40 artists. The vernissage is Friday evening at 7 pm and the show will continue on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm. I’ll have 10 recent paintings in the show and I’ll be there on Saturday afternoon as well as at the opening on Friday. For this reason, and also because my students at school will be exhibiting their amazing work at their graduation vernissage tomorrow, I will be taking a short break from my daily posts. Hope to see you at the show and if not, I’ll be back here in a few days. For details about the location of the show, please see the LAA site here.

Freesia

12 Comments on “Invitation to an exhibition”

1. Linda Daily says:

Enjoy your show and your student’s show. I hope you post a photo of the show for those of us who live afar.
    I really,really love how you painted the white freesia! It is so hard to capture white flowers but you did it.

• I will definitely take some photos Linda.
      Thanks for letting me know about the freesias. I was wondering if it was a mistake to outline these in pen. The colours in the petals are so soft. This was another bouquet from my workshop on the weekend. The flowers weren’t totally open a few days ago but now they are and the fragrance from the freesias is incredible.

2. Robert Farrell says:

I love your work and your passion. Good luck in your show!

3. Miz Dee says:

I dub you The flower queen.

4. Fleet Woodley says:

Congratulations on the show. This is gorgeous. It’s like waves of color. I like the contrast of the dark foliage under the white blossoms. Helps to center up the focal point.

Sounds like you have lots going on right now. Hope the weather warms up for you soon too.

~ Fleetwood

• I’m glad the waves came across Fleet. That is exactly how the bouquet looks. Yes, a lot going on now. I am so excited for my students and their show tomorrow but it’s a lot of work. I’ll be happy when the weekend is over!

5. So happy to have just discovered your blog with your lovely inspiring paintings. I look forward to seeing more in the future

6. Angie Macleod says:

I am afar as well, I wish you well! Congratulations!

7. Carole Snow says:

I am interested in one of your paintings – the one of Pointe Claire Yacht Club – is it still available ?
    Please let me know