Polka dot bikini

I found the perfect subject to sketch with my tropical palette of colours. Since this was full of details I did the pen part first, took a break and then went back to add colour. The woman from the shop watched me from inside and at the end came outside to see what I was doing. It was only then that she told me I shouldn’t be sitting there, and pointed way up — to the coconuts in the tree above my head. Another one to add to my list of job hazards of the urban sketcher.

TheShop

23 Comments on “Polka dot bikini”

You did not know about coconuts!?!? This lovely work was worth the risk, I feel. Wonderful shadows.

2. janice says:

Love the spirit and colourfulness of the sketch. Think the coconut angle is hilarious.
    Guess artists should wear hard hats?

3. CD says:

Thanks for bringing a little bit of sunshine into the Seattle Christmas grey!

4. Nathalie says:

Nice sunny and colourful posts 🙂
    Thanks Shari and have a wonderful holiday

5. Dee says:

Great one of a kind view!

6. Richard says:

Quels beaux contrastes de couleurs! Une belle leçon surtout que je passe par cet endroit dans quelques semaines!!
    Richard

7. Joan says:

Glad to hear you didn’t get bonked on the head while painting this colorful place. Your palette is perfect for the tropics.

8. Jeff Gold says:

Beautiful image. Wonderful vibrant colors and great handling of the tropical foliage. Enjoy your fun in the sun!

9. Isszzy says:

Wonderful work and even more wonderful colours.
    Looks like you have been to Quepos already.

When I saw the title of this post, I thought… Ah-ha, the long awaited self-portrait. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out to be just an interesting little sketch of some markets. : )
    And, yes Shari, I did finally spot the polka dot bikini (no pun intended).