Manuel Antonio

My biggest decision before leaving for Costa Rica was not about how many bathing suits to bring or how much sun screen to pack. It was deciding whether or not to bring my travel easel. As light as it is, it still takes up space in the bag and these days, with airlines getting more and more vigilant about the weight of luggage, you want to keep things light. In the end I decided to leave it at home and use whatever chairs or tables I can find. I’ve filled a new palette with some tropical-type colours that I never use in Montreal. Stuff like cobalt teal and permanent magenta. We’ll see where that gets me today.

TheBeach

17 Comments on “Manuel Antonio”

1. Monique says:

Love it..exactly the way i would want to paint a beach scene..:)

2. Patricia says:

Such a change of color from your northern landscapes. I can almost smell the salt water. Enjoy your days in the tropics. Thanks for taking time to post your vacation. Merry Christmas.

3. Okay, I’ll bite. Who is Manuel Antonio? Carried the luggage? The name of your easel? The beach? Enjoying the new images!

• All good questions. My apologies for not explaining. I had fully intended to describe Manuel Antonio beach (and National Park) but wrote something else at the last minute and forgot to change the title of the post. All done on my phone which makes editing and reviewing a touch more challenging.

4. Billie Barton says:

Love your style. Thanks for sharing the views through an artist’s eyes.

5. Elaine says:

Guess you chose the right colors, lovely little paintings, have a super vacation Shari

6. croquedessin says:

Exactly the place where I want to be ! Here it’s raining, winding and drizzling 😦 Nice sketch !

7. janice says:

Have great holiday and don’t forget to paint some of those colourful birds and flowers there (even
    if you don’t usually do those as subjects of interest).
    Enjoy.

• Thanks Janice. I have already started sketching the flowers but the birds are a little harder. There is an agouti that hangs around here but it looks kind of like a big rat with no tail so i probably won’t draw it.

Pura Vida, Shari! You have chosen a wonderful place to spend your winter break. Your images tell me how much you are enjoying it.

9. Sharon Smith says: