The view from here

This is a little different from my usual Montreal winter scenes. It’s the view from my balcony in Costa Rica, at 6 am. Everyone is sleeping except me, the monkeys and the toucans. More soon!

/home/wpcom/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/f2a/28306008/files/2014/12/img_0177.jpg

31 Comments on “The view from here”

1. Tony says:

What? No snowy wheelbarrow? Looking forward to seeing more of Costa Rica via your sketches. Hope you have a great holiday. Best, Tony

• Maybe i can find a wheelbarrow covered in moss for you Tony. There’s certainly no snow but an above average amount of beauty. Its hard to know what to sketch first but i’ll try to find something.

2. The view from my window at 6am is – pitch black and raining!! Sooo nice to see something tropical on my screen – Waiting for Toucans!

3. karim waked says:

It was -15′ here this morning… Count your blessings! By the way, did Charles make it
    to the plane?…
    Marie asks to say hello to the cats.
    Love you back
    X K

•••Karimobile
    514 9944433

• I am counting my blessings as I look out at the sun setting over the Pacific. One of the cats is on the balcony with me, either enjoying the view or waiting to pounce on an exotic bird. And yes, charles was on the plane. Hugs and kisses to both of you.

4. Have a wonderful time, you deserve it !!!!!!! Felice navidad, Jacques

5. I love it!! The colors are wonderful! Have the best Holiday ever.

6. Gorgeous! Love the lines and colours of the leaves on the palm(?) tree on the left. Looking forward to seeing more! Enjoy your trip!!

7. Monique says:

Come on:) You don’t miss our winter wonderland and freezing weather?:)
    Enjoy!Et..Joyeuses Fêtes!

Nice view (and sketch)… staying there for the remainder of winter?

9. sgryn says:

What a wonderful way to enjoy the holidays. I would love to go there one day. You’ll have to give me the scoop next time when we bump into each other, while walking our puppies.
    Sara G

10. Isszzy says:

I can’t believe you are here in Costa Rica! Please let me know if you are interested in a sketchcrawl, I would be more than happy to organize one! isabelniehaus@hotmail.com

I hope you get to Tortugero (sp?) national park on the Atlantic side.

12. Sharon Smith says:

How is Jen enjoying Costa Rica? Where have you gone out?Glad to hear this.No snow here or in London or Toronto. Looking forward to seeing you. Trying to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes.I have slept in both mornings. Sending love and light to you. XOX SBS On Dec 20, 2014 9:40 AM, “The Sketchbook” wrote:

> Shari Blaukopf posted: “This is a little different from my usual > Montreal winter scenes. It’s the view from my balcony in Costa Rica, at 6 > am. Everyone is sleeping except me, the monkeys and the toucans. More > soon!”

13. Shari, so, so enjoying re-living Costa Rica through you! I think we might have stayed in the very same place in Manuel Antonio, your view of that little island mirrors what I remember! Enjoy, happy holidays!

• Thanks Suhita. We are enjoying it so much here. It’s paradise, isn’t it? Monkeys, sloths, iguanas, the flowers, the birds — there’s no end of visual delight. Happy holidays to you too!