Wow bouquet

I’m not sure why my grocery store bouquet had a name tag on it. The “Wow Bouquet” didn’t have much wow to it with the flowers a bit crushed and broken inside the cellophane, but it satisfied the urge to inject some colour into an otherwise snowy and grey day.

If you’re like me and you have a hard time drawing people in motion, I strongly suggest you check out my friend Marc Taro Holmes’s new online video course “Sketching People in Motion” on Craftsy.com. I’ve started to watch the course and there’s no one who teaches this subject better than Marc does. If you email me or leave me a comment, I can send you a link that will get you a $15 discount for the course, which comes to about 50% off. Seems like a great deal to me.

WowBouquet

102 Comments on “Wow bouquet”

1. Ethna gallacher says:

How great is this! Thank you Shari and please send me the link.

2. Tony says:

Hi Shari. Love the way you’ve ‘suggested’ the glass vase. Marc’s course sounds interesting – could you send me the link please. Best, Tony

3. Anne Peterson says:

I think your wow bouquet is fabulous! I LOVE the effect you achieved with so few brush strokes. I am learning so much from your sketches. Thank you. Yes, I would like to try the people in motion course done by your friend. And 50% off is always music to my ears.

4. Diana Jackson says:

I always love your paintings and use of color. I would like the link to Marc Taro Holmes’ Craftsy class, also.

5. I wanted to take his course, and can always save the $$ as I’m a working stiff!

6. Mary says:

Hi Shari – I’d love to get the link for the drawing people in motion – thanks so much! Mary

7. Monique says:

Do you have to be an advanced artist?:)
    Is that a pansy?
    Could almost be!

• I think you should ask that question to Marc. He’s very good about responding.
      That’s not a pansy, it’s only a carnation but I put a yellow centre on it. Wishing for spring!

8. Peggy Aare says:

I’d like a go at his course, too. And I like that you have cropped the top of the flowers off, at least in this photo. It makes it much more interesting.

9. Marisa Padovan says:

I have enrolled in Marc’s online class and I can tell you: it’s absolutely FANTASTIC.

10. Tracey Mardon says:

Hi Shari,

I’d love to have the link for Marc’s course discount, thank you!

It’s snowing here again and going down to -20 by tomorrow so I’m painting some more geraniums in Paris this aft.

All the best

Tracey

PS love the bouquet name!

11. Louise Asselin says:

Shari,
    Yes ! I Would like to have the link to buy this course with Marc Holmes, with a discount.
    Thank you very much.
    Louise

12. Evelyn Peyton Murphy says:

Hi, please send me the link to ” Sketching people in motion.” Thank you, Evelyn

Sent from my iPad

13. yxz555 says:

I have been enjoying your snow and winter paintings You really make them come alive.

Also please send me the link to ” Sketching people in motion.”

Thanks, Ginny

14. Alison says:

This is a WOW sketch. As always, your colour scheme is dynamic and intriguing and the composition well considered. Daring to crop the top of the bouquet! Great!

15. Dee says:

Even the throwaways look good in your hands! Thanks for the info about Marc’s class.

16. jerome guenette says:

Hello Shari, I am interested in the link for the 50% discount on Marc’s video course. Thank you! Jérôme

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 21:19:08 +0000 To: jeronimoguenette@hotmail.com

17. Vicky Porter says:

Before I read the text of this post, I was thinking how great it would be to watch you paint this. It’s just lovely! I hope you consider making some videos some time. I would like to have the link for the discount on Mark’s class. Thank you!

18. Lynn says:

Shari,

I would be interested in the video discount coupon. I have just purchased his book and it seems to be about the best drawing guidance for all subjects from early sketches to accomplished work.

As always, love your work. I look forward to each of your emails.

Thank you.

Lynn

19. Ashley Wright says:

This IS a Wow painting! Love it. I would also like the link to Marc’s video.
    Thanks

20. Janice Kelky says:

What happens to all
    of your lovely sketches?

• That’s a good question Janice. Most of them are in a box in my basement. Occasionally I frame some of them and exhibit them with an artist’s group I belong to. Sometimes people ask if they can buy what I post and I sell them. I hope to soon have a new website to display them a little more prominently.

21. Linda Daily says:

I love the looseness of this and the background colors. I need to make a big sign to remind myself to keep washes varied with color. You do this so well.
    I,too, would love the link to Marc’s class!

22. joreimer says:

Lovely still life, Shari, and yes, please, I’d like the link to Marc’s video with discount.

23. newnowarts says:

Yup, this is a wow bouquet. I love this painting! Makes me want to go out and buy a wilted,,scraggly bouquet.

24. thistlelady says:

Your work has been quite motivating for me. Such simplicity can be so lovely. Marc’s work also motivates me to do more urban sketching. Drawing people quickly is my weak spot so being able to take a class from him would be great. I would love the link.

25. Mary T. Allor says:

Hi Shari – I really enjoy and feel inspired by your posts. I’m planning to take Marc’s people-drawing class. Could you send me the link for the discount? Thanks so much! Terry Allor. mtallor5146@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad

26. Thanks for offering the discount link, Shari. I continue to learn a lot from you on you blog. It was also great to have a class face-to-face with you in Seattle!

27. isszzy says:

Hi Shari, would you send me the link please? Thanks!

28. Kathie says:

Hi Shari, love your work and could you send me the link? thank you

29. msleeeee says:

Would love the link to Marc’s course too please! Thank you for sharing. Would you consider doing your own Course? I love your style of watercolors!

30. Sue says:

Hi Shari, your work is an inspiration and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to receive the link. Thank you

31. Carrol T says:

Thanks for the information, I would appreciate having the link for the 15 % discount. Love your blog the infornation id so clearly written, Just read your one on the use of certain colors and their usefulness in certain instances.

32. ehwfram says:

I enjoy your blog and have learned a lot from your paintings. Please send the link – very generous of you. Thanks.

33. ehwfram says:

I enjoy your blog and have learned a lot from your paintings. Please forward the link; very generous of you. Thanks

34. Karen Cole says:

I would love to try Marc’s class.

35. Hi Shari

I’ve been enjoying your blog for quite a while – and, of course, your watercolours. I’m enjoying Marc’s book and would like the ink for the discount price please.

Best wishes

Chris Ellis

crammedwithheaven.org

36. Desiree says:

Hi Shari,
    I love your sketches and comments and have learned so much! Thank You!
    Please send me the discount link.

37. Diane says:

I too would like the email link….

38. Shari, I visit your blog everyday and love learning about your process. I am taking Liz Steel’s online class right now and think it’s wonderful. I’m doing so much more artwork as a result. Please send me a link to Marc’s class. These online classes are such a fantastic resource!
    Thanks!

39. Kelly Watson says:

I would love a link! This class looks like so much fun.

40. Paula Wade says:

Please put me on the list for Marc’s drawing people class. Thank you.Paula Wade

From: The Sketchbook To: wadepaula43@yahoo.com Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 1:19 PM Subject: [New post] Wow bouquet #yiv7298723134 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv7298723134 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv7298723134 a.yiv7298723134primaryactionlink:link, #yiv7298723134 a.yiv7298723134primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv7298723134 a.yiv7298723134primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv7298723134 a.yiv7298723134primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv7298723134 WordPress.com | Shari Blaukopf posted: “I’m not sure why my grocery store bouquet had a name tag on it. The “Wow Bouquet” didn’t have much wow to it with the flowers a bit crushed and broken inside the cellophane, but it satisfied the urge to inject some colour into an otherwise snowy and grey ” | |

41. Marina Jensen says:

I would love to try this class at Craftsy! I’ve wanted to learn to draw people better for quite a while.

42. Dory Rice says:

Hi Shari,
    Love your blog! As I am next door in cold Vermont, I often go back to your southwest canyon sketches which capture the southwest so well! Please send the link for Marc Taro Holmes class.
    Thank you.

43. mtallor5146 says:

Love your sketches! Please send me the link to Marc’s class – I need help drawing people. Thanks.

It is a WOW to me, Shari…

45. Hi Shari, I so enjoy your blog and appreciate your generosity in sharing watercolor tips and information. I’m reading Marc’s book and would like the link to his online course. Thanks

46. Sharon Smith says:

OXO

47. Linda Colgan says:

Just loved the flowers.would love to have the discount for Marc’s class
    Linda

48. Teresa says:

Hi Shari,
    -I live in Toronto, and receive your emails everyday….always a highlight in my inbox 🙂
    -Love your style, love your colours….I’ve learned so much.
    -Please send me the link to Marc’s course.
    Warm regards on a freezing, snowy day!
    Teresa

49. Miriam says:

I wanted to register for Marc’s class but my budget is a little low. This discount would be perfect. Will you please email it to me? Thanks! Also I would love to take a class/workshop from you too. Any plans to have one perhaps with craftsy? I love your watercolor style!