False alarm

There was a storm warning of epic proportions today. Here it is, word for word, from the Environment Canada site: “Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches” What should a sketcher do with a warning like this? I sketched in my car, just in case. Turned out to be nothing, but who would want to get hit by a large vehicle being blown off the road?

CartierCorner

15 Comments on “False alarm”

1. Louise says:

Oh, my! Sounds like a hurricane warning. Wonderful sketch. Love the colors. I can see the wind in the sky.

I think the answer to the question “what should a sketcher do?” should have been stay indoors and look for a vase of flowers.
    Or did you interpret the “…and blow large vehicles off the road” to mean that you would be safe in a small vehicle?

• I will have enough of those days in the winter when the stuff on my counter will have to keep me entertained. “Live on the edge” is my motto Ross.

• Ross says:

Of course, I always knew your were a “live on the edge” person from your extreme pastimes… hang gliding, base jumping, mountain climbing… and watercolour painting!

• So true. And don’t forget that sometimes within the watercolour painting category I do very daring stunts like painting with no preliminary pencil drawing or using a tube green instead of mixing from blue and yellow.

3. Carole Dysart says:

No matter what…..you did not get blown away and you did a great painting

4. Dee says:

Just a dare devil, aren’t you? Well, there’ll be another dangerous day soon!

5. Dee says:

A real dare devil, aren’t you? Well, there will be another dangerous day soon!

6. joantav says:

You don’t want to be sitting outside and have the wind whip off your sketching tools or your sketch so you were much better off sitting inside your car and painting. I just read through as far down as all your posts from your travels thru Asia. I’m so impressed with both the information about what you were sketching as well as the beautiful work you were able to create!!!

7. Norma says:

You still managed to pull off a fantastic sketch despite the weather warnings. We were caught in that weather and managed to wait it out in a bus shelter. Your city is really beautiful and so sketchable.

Can I ask if there’s anywhere in Montreal that carries your book?

• Hi Norma, Yes, this city is wonderful for sketching. And I discover new places every time I go out.
      There is no where in Montreal that carries the book. It is “print on demand” so it has to be ordered online.
      Glad you made it to a bus shelter during the bad weather.