Rue Beaudoin

It’s a great view up Rue Beaudoin in St. Henri because of the mountain backdrop, which, during these Indian summer days is looking very soft and almost glowing. This week I’m happy to be working with a really big, flat brush for most of my sketch. It’s liberating after weeks and weeks of having a cramped hand from fine pen work. The cobalt teal that leaked in my palette is giving me some interesting things to think about as well. Moving away from local colour and using this new triad forces me to focus more on strong shapes and values, rather than local colour. I’ll keep going with this as long as I can to see where these colour combos take me.

RueBeaudoin

13 Comments on “Rue Beaudoin”

1. Monique says:

You are truly an amazing artist.

2. Annie B. says:

Hi Shari! I recently became acquainted with your blog, and just before that I enrolled in your Craftsy class (I am LOVING it, btw). Truly a wonderful experience, and you are an excellent teacher!

I had the exact same thing happen to me today, sketching in my car, I pulled out my paints and a huge blob of manganese blue hue made its way across everything! So I totally understand your challenges with that blob. However, you are doing a beautiful job incorporating the teal color into your paintings seamlessly and I am looking forward to seeing more with this “Unlikely Trio”! Cheers!

• Hi Annie.
      I’m so glad to hear that you are enjoying the class. Another one coming soon!
      Manganese Blue is exactly like Cobalt Teal. I took it out of may palette years ago for this reason. Glad to hear I am not the only one suffering with the blob. Maybe you will have some unlikely results with it too.
      Shari

3. Jean McCauley says:

Great painting!!!

4. Catherine says:

I love this so much! The cobalt teal (which I thought I didn’t like and took out of MY palette) is so beautiful under your loving touch.

5. Linda Murray says:

I’m loving the cobalt teal in your pictures. It really gives the paintings a pop of color.

6. joantav says:

I love the way the cobalt teal works in this! Lovely job on the buildings.

7. […] created using the Cobalt teal. 😀 You can see some of her sketches using this Cobalt teal here, here and […]