Happy new year!

A few things I’m happy to have found in 2015:

Fluid watercolour blocks
New triads like this one (Cerulean Blue, Quin Gold, Pyrrol Orange)
A platinum carbon pen
Pentallic sketchbooks
Da Vinci Casaneo brushes
And lastly — the time to sketch

I hope you have the best possible start to the new year, and a productive 2016 with lots of learning and discovery!

BistroCorner

46 Comments on “Happy new year!”

1. Missy Walsh-Smith says:

And Happy New Year to you, too, Shari! Hope to see you in 2016!! Thanks for sharing all your sketches! It’s always inspiring!!

2. Evelyn Cunningham says:

I have enjoyed seeing the regular sketches on your blog. Your writing is great too. I look forward to finally meeting you at the workshop in South Carolina.

3. Louise says:

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year, Shari. Thank you for enriching our lives through your art and your teaching. Louise

Happy New Year Shari. The best thing that happened or me was to discover my old, OLD box of pastels from my college days, from over 50 years ago! All best to you in the
    new year.

5. Cheryl says:

Happy New Year Shari. One of the best things I discovered this year was your Craftsy class “Sketching in the City”. I was able to semi retire a few months ago and now have more time to sketch. This class enhanced my abilities immediately! Thank you. Keep the bog pictures coming.

6. Debbie Buchanan says:

Happy New Year Shari! Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I’m planning on doing one of your classes after Mid-January. Sketching in the City!

7. Carol Koffler says:

Shari – Every day brings a surprise that makes my day! Your postings are soooo lovely. I wish you a healthy, happy 2016 and I look forward to receiving more wonderful surprises in the new year. sincerely,Carol Koffler

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 20:15:09 +0000 To: ckoffler@sympatico.ca

8. Fred Wissemann says:

Shari:

I enjoy your e-mail updates and your watercolors. You are an outstanding artist and I look forward to seeing more of your work in 2016.

Regards…………………….Fred W.

• Hi Fred,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to write. It gives me great joy to sketch, and the added bonus is that through the blog, I have met many wonderful people who encourage me. I’m very lucky.
      All the best to you in 2016.

Regards,
      Shari

9. Julie Gomez says:

Happy New Year, Shari! 🎉 Am looking forward to another year of your inspiring watercolors and techniques.

10. Happy New Year Shari! Will be starting your class tomorrow!!!

11. Chris Rusk says:

Happy New Year! Really love receiving your latest discoveries and beautiful painted sketches. All the best in 2016!

12. Monique says:

You! Happy I found you and your classes..quin gold,indanthrone blue….and the carbon pen..
    Bonne Année et merci.

13. Another gorgeous sketch; thanks Shari! You inspire me every single time. Is this painting all done using those three colors you mentioned only?? Quite lovely work! Happy New Year!

14. Thanks for sharing and inspiring, Shari (Pentalic sketchbooks are awesome!! Thanks for that tip by the way!) Hope you have an amazing 2016 and can’t wait to see where you’ll take us next!! 😃

15. I just won one of those Da Vinci brushes and I am excited to play with it. What do you like best about it?

• Hi Marissa. That’s amazing. How did you win this? I love the brush because it holds tons of water so you can paint a big wash with it and you can also get a really fine point with it. I hope to do a post about brushes soon.

16. joantav says:

Lovely richness to your brick color. I like studying your pieces. Have a wonderful 2016!

17. Rob says:

Happy new year! I have been viewing and enjoying your watercolor tutorials. Thank you.

18. Love seeing your sketches, Shari. Happy new year to you!

19. anne farmer says:

Happy New Year. I made a modest discovery – the Elegant writer pens (maybe directly or indirectly from you?) . Look forward to your 2016 work!

20. Happy New Year to you – I’m looking forward to starting to apply the things I’ve learned from your Craftsy class 🙂

21. Bill Fagan says: