Split screen

Need a little portrait practice? TV debates are a good choice because the faces are in the same position for a long time. NB: If you want to listen to someone who has drawn Trump more than once, check this out on CBC.com. It’s Anna Maria Tremonti’s interview with Doonesbury cartoonist Garry Trudeau who has just launched “Yuge!”, a compilation of many years worth of his Trump-related cartoons.

thedebate

14 Comments on “Split screen”

1. Liliane Partikian says:

Hi Shari I was thinking the same thing but was too tired today…..I will definitely have my sketch book on hand next debate
    You really caught Trump’s look in his eyes

Liliane

2. linder322 says:

I also thought this might be a good exercise….after the fact. Maybe I’ll try the next one if I can bear to watch another one!
    You really captured Trump’s mean eyes. (Well, it’s true!)

3. Judy Sopher says:

I have done several sketches during the primary debates. They are all fast contour drawings. Rather comical. TV can be a good way to practice portraits tho. I agree that you really got the look in Trump’s eyes

4. Monique says:

I would never have thought to sketch them..good job.

5. Good idea and good job, but I don’t think I could look at him long enough to do a sketch. lol

6. MONIQUE HOULMANN says:

that’s a good idea shari , thanks for the tip !!! monique

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 4:35 AM, The Sketchbook wrote:

> Shari Blaukopf posted: “Need a little portrait practice? TV debates are a > good choice because the faces are in the same position for a long time. NB: > If you want to listen to someone who has drawn Trump more than once, check > this out on CBC.com. It’s Anna Maria Tremonti’s interv” >

7. slowlane says:

C-span is good for portrait practice, too.