Work boots

I have a commission to do a painting of work boots and have been working out the composition on paper first. I used water-soluble graphite and an inktense pencil for this drawing on hot press Fabriano paper.

WorkBoots

About these ads

13 Comments on “Work boots”

1. tomntina@videotron.ca says:

Love how the work boots are starting. I know they’ll be great when you’re finished. Oddly, I had to do some work boots for our painting group and these are the ones I did. I’m so glad someone else is doing a painting like this.

Shari, I love this just the way it is. Don’t change a thing. Tell the client that experts (har) agree: this is real portraiture!

3. Ross C says:

his looks great!!! I really like the placement of the two boots on the paper. Are you intending to use the vignette approach in the final painting, or was that just for the study?
    I tried these soluble pencils recently but I was a little tentative and some harsh critic suggested that I didn’t realize that I actually needed to use water and a brush to make them work… can you imagine that? Well, my therapy sessions are almost finished so I think I will soon have the mental fortitude to try again. : )

4. Katrin says:

I’m looking forward to the painting, Shari!! This suggests much!

5. Jo Ann Caluori says:

Reminds me of the ken danby picture of skates.

6. helmut langeder says:

Sometimes an unfinished drawing is better than the final piece.