Fisheye

I would have loved to spend more time drawing all the details on these sardines but they had to be painted fast because you don’t want them sitting at room temperature for too long. You may not be able to get a sense of scale from my sketch but these are pretty small, wonderfully silvery and just waiting for a hot pan and some lemon.

Fisheye

23 Comments on “Fisheye”

1. Lenore says:

Looks like a yummy dinner for some lucky guests….

2. Alison says:

Ditto on the yummy. You’ve definitely conveyed the silvery skin.. Love the colours.

I am afraid I would have eaten my models.

4. Peggy Haug says:

Like I said, you can take ANY subject and make it sing! Love the design element!

5. Yvonne says:

Hi Shari – I love following your blog – you are such an inspiration, how do you get your watercolours so pure and clear? Anyway I hope you don’t mind but I linked your blog through my blog – http://vonniemayblog.blogspot.com – as one of my most favourite blogs. Have a great day.

6. kasperart says:

very inspiring, love it!

I like the colours and the shapes… and the clever composition which extends out of the frame… and those sad little eyes (not that fish have much expression in their eyes, except in Disney movies) all looking at you saying “Please don’t eat me”.

• I had fun painting these Ross. More than 500 posts and not one fish. I was overdue.

• Ross says:

Well, that’s probably not quite right… try looking at
        I could be mistaken but I think those curly things for 3.40 each are fish fillets? Perhaps this is the first time that you have drawn fish well.
        As for the 500 posts, I am not sure how many you have done… it used to be easy to keep track… but that was before you started taking weekends off. : )

• Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.
        I didn’t take the weekend off. I just slept in on Saturday and suddenly it was Sunday.

• Ross says:

That has got to be the lamest excuse… on par with “the dog ate my homework”… would you accept that from your students? And I guess last weekend you slept in on Saturday and woke up on Monday? : )

• Ross says:

OK, even though you are choosing to ignore me, I have a suggestion… perhaps you should (more accurately) rename your blog to…
        “The Sketchbook – A different drawing every day that I get out of bed” : )

• That’s it. I love it. New name for sure.

8. I love the shininess of the skin on the fish. Of course, I am no lover of fish, as I detest the smell and taste of them, but I can tell you this sketch is very good in the fact that I almost want to hold my nose looking at them!

9. Swapniel says: