Mercat de la Boqueria

Frank was giving out thin slices of Jamon Serrano to tourists for the hour that I sketched him. I never once saw him look my way. But as soon as I packed up my paints and walked by his stall he said “Show me, show me…” and then took many photos of the sketch.

20130710-154849.jpg

11 Comments on “Mercat de la Boqueria”

1. Monique says:

I only wish it was bigger:)!
    Wonderful!

2. charles says:

I wonder how you were able to draw in the crowd of la Boqueria… I was there in August 2011, and the place was absolutely full of buyers and visitors. Congrats!!!

3. Claudette says:

I look forward to and love seeing your sketches as you travel and create the moments. I am just new to watercolor after years of oils and will be traveling to France in Aug. I don’t know if I will have time to sketch but will take my supplies with me. I have lots of family to visit there so it’s not easy to take a day to do but will try. Thanks for all you share with us.

• Sneak away for 15 minutes a day and do a small sketch. Have a great time and thanks for commenting!

• Lee Kline says:

Get up early and be out by six a.M. In Paris, the street cleaners will be out, the flower stalls will be setting up, the river will be active. There are absolutely no people about, so it you want to take time to draw, you should not be bothered. Bon chance!

• Claudette Panico says:

Great idea, and my brother is going with me so he can do some photography at the same time. Thanks

4. Jane Hannah says:

Hi Shari — wonderful painting and funny story. Did Frank give you a piece of the jamon?