Stargazer, again

I was really hoping to have time today to turn my lilies into a painting but I only had time to do another sketch, this time with pen and wash in a bigger sketchbook. It’s always fun to get out my rarely used tube of Permanent Magenta and splash it around a bit. And add a bit of colour to an otherwise very grey November day in Montreal.

Stargazer2

14 Comments on “Stargazer, again”

1. Angie Macleod says:

Keep that colour coming! It is a beaut! You are brightening up a deary Month!

2. Lesli Williamson says:

Hi Shari,

I love your work and always look forward to seeing the next post. I live in Portland, OR and joined Urban Sketchers only after you and Marc were here in town. I’m really sorry I missed you both. Do you ever do YouTube videos? I’d love to see your process. I’d love more than anything to be able to paint with the vibrancy, looseness, and life that emanates from your work. You are an amazing inspiration to me. I’d love more than anything to know how you get there and try to do the same.

Sincerely,

Lesli Williamson
    Portland, Oregon

• It is so nice to read your comments Lesli. I may be on the West Coast giving a few workshops in July. Let me know if you are interested in attending. There are no YouTube videos in the works right now.

3. Carolyn Smith says:

Lovely. I see no errors, no mud, nothing but clean beauty.

4. sefeniak says:

This is beautiful!

5. Don McNulty says:

I absolutely love these paintings Shari.

6. dezabaleta says:

Good !

7. croquedessin says:

Beautiful painting, your colours are vibrant. Like it !