Last chance snow

My favourite time of the day to paint is the morning — the light is often better and there are more parking spots on the street — but I don’t get to choose my teaching schedule and this semester I was in class early every day. That means I missed all the fresh snow, because if you live in Montreal you are well aware that almost every morning snowfall melted away with the rain that followed it. It snowed again last night, maybe for the last time this April (or maybe not!), and for once I had no class AND there was a parking spot facing my favourite strip of old buildings on Lakeshore Road. A reason to celebrate for sure.

If you are looking for something to do this coming weekend (April 15-17), the Lakeshore Association of Artists  is holding the annual spring show at Fritz Farm in Baie d’Urfé (20477 Lakeshore Road). It’s a wonderful outing on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, there’s lots of great art on display (more than 40 artists — including me — will be exhibiting) and it’s for a good cause (a portion of the proceeds from all the art sold goes to Nova West Island). More details about the show here. If you are thinking of dropping by to say hello, the vernissage is Friday evening, and I’ll also be around on Saturday afternoon as well. Hope to see you there!

AprilSnow.jpg

26 Comments on “Last chance snow”

1. Sheryl Thurston says:

That wet street is amazing!

2. Tony says:

Wow! So pleased you found such a perfect subject to showcase your skills. For me, special even by your high standards.

• It all depends on finding the right parking spot. There’s only one place from where I have the perfect view and no one can park in front of me. It’s usually occupied but I was lucky today. Thanks Tony!

3. ChesapkLady says:

That street is SO WET! Holy cow!!

4. Louise says:

Wow, the wet street so well done!
    Louise

5. Monique says:

Exactly as I see it in my mind today!

6. Awesome!! Definitely worth celebrating all of that coming together, Shari! For all of us…this sketch is amazing. Those reflections are stunning… mesmerizing really! So well done! 😃

7. jmnowak says:

You’ve managed to make overhead hanging wires look interesting! 🙂

8. sandidureice says:

I had already decided that, for me, it is the reflections in the wet street. Then I read the comments here and found I am keeping good company. I love the whole sketch, with a stunner of a foreground…beneath the cleverly worked wires 🙂 Love your joke jmnowak.

9. Donna says:

Love the “wetness”. I need to get out more!

10. I love the wet look to the street. This is so nice!

11. Judy Sopher says:

I love your colors as well . Ditto the beauty of the wet street. Amazing how many love the look of something as common as a wet street. I love it. (Sorry–used “love”3 times but I do love this piece-thats 2 more times.

12. slowlane says:

Yes, the street, the decisions and control around the ywllow and purple, light and dark.