Sun and snow

In March the snow melts fast. Most people would be happy about that but not me. I prefer my wheelbarrow with snow on it, and I’ve been waiting for some to fall so I could sketch it again before spring. This morning it was mostly covered in white from an overnight sprinkling, but by the time I got around to painting it, it was half melted. Then the sun came out and it was fully gone by the time my sketch was done. Let’s hope I can get one more of these in before the daffodils come up.

Sketched in a Field Watercolour Journal with a Winsor & Newton watercolour set and some snowflakes of white gouache.

12 Comments on “Sun and snow”

1. Dory Rice says:

Gorgeous painting! I particularly love the tree trunk. I’m not familiar with a “Field watercolour journal.” Is that a name brand? Thanks in advance!

2. DiniAlice says:

I love your wheelbarrow pictures, no matter what the season or weather conditions!

3. Judy Sopher says:

Its like seeing an old friend again. Your use of gouache is very skillful. I got the book by Nathan Fowkes using gouache and watercolor on landscapes. He uses it more like acrylic or even oil.I prefer a more transparent mix . (I used acrylics for a long time as well as oils and it just doesn’t have the beauty of watercolors.)Love your gouache paintings.

4. Uma Maheswar Nakka says:

Good Evening dear friend Shari,

Very pleasant sketches as usual. The tree trunk is the special feature in this sketch.

Blessings
    Uma

5. joantav says:

Your wheelbarrow paintings always make me smile. They are such “ordinary” objects but you bring out the magic in them. Lovely!!

6. joycelott says:

I am delighted to have received this beautiful watercolor painting. I hope to follow this and being again what I have done in the past.

Joyce

Liked by 1 person

7. Elizabeth says:

The dull rusty red wheelbarrow might make a nice background for bright yellow spring daffodils

8. Always love your wheelbarrow paintings. Bring it to Quebec City. We’re supposed to get 20cm today 🙂

• Uma Maheswar Nakka says:

Good Evening dear Larry,

Also shovels and spades are to be added.

Shari gives, every Person, place and a thing in this world, equal value and importance to be the subjects for her Art and she is right.

Regards
      Uma

9. […] I will enter you in a draw for one of my sketches. The winner can pick either the shells or the wheelbarrow sketch I did in March. I’ll do the draw on Saturday at 5 pm. In the meantime, keep drawing and stay […]