Quidi Vidi

This has been a kind of amazing summer for travel but my trusty phone, which I use to post remotely, is on its last legs. This week I’ll be travelling around Newfoundland and hoping that the phone will last the trip. That means I may not be able to write much but I sure will be drawing. The first stop: the tiny outport of Quidi Vidi – as picturesque a village as you could ever imagine.

20140801-222022-80422963.jpg

About these ads

22 Comments on “Quidi Vidi”

1. Julie Gomez says:

Hope your phone holds out so we can enjoy your beautiful sketches from Newfoundland. Have a fun, safe trip Shari! 😊

2. Love how you captured the reflections in the water! Enjoy your trip – I think you will have more than enough beautiful scenery to draw :)

3. creemie says:

Amazing area. You won’t be short of subjects to paint. Enjoy…

4. Monique says:

I think I would love Newfoundand..

Hope the phone keeps working!
    This is just lovely.

5. Nathalie says:

Newfoundland, such a wonderful place. Thanks for allowing us to travel alongside your sketches and have a safe journey.

6. Alison says:

Wonderful! I recognized the name in the subject line, then immediately remembered the spot when I saw your effect sketch. I have been to this little bay and you have captured it beautifully.

7. Sue says:

Beautiful!

8. Careen says:

Hope you are planning a future workshop there.. I’m in ….

9. Linda says:

Hello, you’re paintings are so wonderful. Thank you, Linda

10. Harriet Braun says:

Beautiful painting, and that is one well placed bird. i would’ve flubbed that one unless i practiced it on a spare sheet. even then, no guarantee.

11. We just got back from a trip to Western Newfoundland and I painted every day that I was there. I am so glad to see your paintings as the colours are much more muted in Newfoundland than much of the paintings I have seen you do and I was interested to see how you would capture the scenes I was seeing and now I get to do just that. Have a wonderful time – wish I was there again right now!

• We have had great weather here and every day is hot! Not what I expected here. The colours are certainly more muted here than out west where there was often a dark backdrop of trees. I am loving this province and it’s great to hear that you painted here as well.