Counter life 10

Well, I think this series has come to an end. As you can see the daffodils are shrivelled and the tulips will start dropping their petals soon. But I appreciate that they held out for a good long time while I pushed in different directions with the stuff in my art supply cabinet. For this last attempt I used chunky Albrecht Durer Magnus coloured pencils with — and I quote from the Faber-Castell literature — voluminous lead. Isn’t that a great description of a fat pencil? These are made for large scale drawings, so perhaps my paper format was too small, but like most products from this company, the quality was beautiful. They are creamy and dissolve almost entirely when touched by water. As for tomorrow, hopefully there are finally some things blooming in my own garden, but once again, I see a snowflake icon on my weather app!

14 Comments on “Counter life 10”

1. Denise says:

Thoroughly enjoyed this series, as well as your fabulous on- line course, “Structure in the Garden” , which I finally complete today! Not going to enjoy the snow that is coming to Connecticut for Saturday however. Oh well, another reason to stay in and do more painting. Have a Happy Mother’s Day!

• I’m so glad you liked the series Denise. It was lots of fun to do. And really happy that you liked the class. Thanks for letting me know!! Happy Mother’s Day to you too. I can hear my boys preparing a meal for tonight. One day in advance but that’s fine with me.

2. Susan says:

I have so enjoyed this series, Shari. I can’t believe you kept it going for 10 days. I’m also amazed that you managed to find 10 different media to use. And I loved how your counter changed every day (one day the floor).

3. TonyU says:

Lovely set of ‘stay safe’ drawings to look back on in years to come. Hope that snowflake icon goes away soon for you …. or your sons and Alice will be rushing to hide every time they see your art kit!

4. joantav says:

I’ve never worked with these pencils so it was nice to read your comments about them. I learn a bit from a lot of your paintings. Thank you!

5. Judy Sopher says:

Lovely way to end this series. Have really enjoyed it. Learned a lot and have been inspired to try new things. Thanks.

6. Uma Maheswar Nakka says:

Good Evening Dear friend Shari,

Very beautiful sketch and lovely colors.

Regards and blessings
    Uma

• Thank you Uma. Hope you are well.

• Uma Maheswar Nakka says:

Good Morning dear friend Shari

Doing fine and Miss.Amber too .

Our Government has slightly eased the lockout.
        But hotels and places of public gatherings like temples, cinema hall and malls are still closed.

Only departmental Ration stores are opened, with people one by one in ques
        between Morning 7 and Evening 7.

Blessings-Uma

7. Nice painting, I really get a sense of Van Goghs technique.